Col. Craig McPike
94th Airlift Wing commander
Col. Daniel J. Ebrecht
94th Airlift Wing vice commander
Chief Master Sgt. Vicki L. Robertson
94th Airlift Wing command chief
Mission: Provide Mission Ready Forces
Vision: The recognized leader in Rapid Global Mobility and Agile Combat Support, propelled by a culture of respect, excellence and innovation.
- Strategic Airlift & Airdrop - Aeromedical Evacuation
- Eight C-130H3 Hercules - 2,000 Air Force personnel
- Three Groups / 13 Squadrons - $172M Economic Impact
Dobbins Air Reserve Base in Marietta, Georgia is a multi-service installation located 16 miles northwest of downtown Atlanta. Dobbins is one of only nine standalone Reserve bases in the Air Force Reserve.
The installation is home to the 94th Airlift Wing, 22nd Air Force Headquarters, Lockheed Martin Plant 6, Georgia National Guard Headquarters, Navy Operational Support Center Atlanta and units of the Army Reserve, Marine Reserve and Civil Air Patrol. The 94th Airlift Wing is the installation host and operational flying unit with eight C-130H3 Hercules aircraft, and more than 2,000 Air Force Reserve and civilian personnel.
- Airmen and units of the 94th AW are currently deployed to locations in Southwest Asia. From October 2016 to October 2017, the 94th AW will deploy more than 450 personnel.
- The 94th AW contributes to Rapid Global Mobility through cargo and personnel airlift and tactical airdrop capabilities, provides critical patient care through aeromedical evacuation, and Agile Combat Support through security, logistics, communications, civil engineering and other support functions.
- The 94th AW maintains combat-ready aircrews and aircraft capable of deploying in response to worldwide contingencies and emergencies. The wing is equipped with eight C-130s and tactically qualified aircrews to support air transportation for deployments, humanitarian airlift missions and aeromedical evacuation.
The 94th Airlift Wing was established as the 94th Bombardment Wing (Light) on May 10, 1949 and was activated to service
in the Reserve on June 26, 1949. Not long afterward, the unit was called to active service on March 10, 1951 during the
A year later, on May 26, 1952, the unit was re-designated as the 94th Tactical Reconnaissance Wing and
activated to the Reserve on June 14, 1952.
For the next 10 years, the unit's mission in the Reserve encompassed tactical reconnaissance, bombardment, troop carrier,
By mid-1958, wing personnel had taken part in regular airlift missions and exercises, both in the United States
and overseas, including contingency operations in the Dominican Republic in 1965. During that time, the unit was once
again called to active duty to serve a one-month tour during the Cuban missile crisis on Oct. 28, 1962.
After converting to C-124s in 1966, the wing flew strategic airlift missions, including troop and cargo missions, to Southeast
Asia until 1971, augmenting normal airlift resources of the Military Airlift Command and Tactical Air Command.
switching to C-7 aircraft in mid-1972, the wing's primary operations involved support of U.S. Army airborne forces, tactical
cargo airlift, and air evacuation missions.
From July 1973 to May 1975, the wing flew 685 "Coronet Roundup" missions in
Puerto Rico, airdropping 1.2 billion sterile screwworm flies as part of a project to eradicate the screwworm menace to
Puerto Rico's livestock.
In 1981, the 94th became the 94th Airlift Wing, the second largest wing in the Air Force Reserve, flying three transport
aircraft -- the C-7, the C-123, and the C-130. By 1987, it had given up the C-7 and C-123 aircraft, retaining only C-130s.