Colonel Joseph M. Revit is the Director of Logistics, Engineering, and Force Protection for Twenty Second Air Force, Dobbins Air Force Base Georgia. The directorate is responsible for supporting nine Air Force Wings, six civil engineering Red Horse Squadrons and one aircrew training Detachment assigned to the Numbered Air Force. The Wings support Global Air Force and Joint missions that include strategic and tactical airlift, aerial spray, firefighting and weather forecasting. His functional responsibilities include the operational capability and readiness of aircraft maintenance, logistics plans, supply, fuels, air-ground transportation, civil engineering, fire protection, emergency management and security forces.
Colonel Revit, earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from King’s College Wilkes-Barre, Pa. and was commissioned in 1986 as a second lieutenant through Air Force Officer Training School. He joined the Air Force Reserve in 1987 at the 913th Combat Support Squadron, Willow Grove Air Reserve Base, Pa.
Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Joseph M. Revit served as the Air Force Reserve Command Force Generation Center, Forces Division Chief. He was responsible for sourcing and executing the Agile Combat Support Consolidated Planning Schedule and he also provided simultaneous capability expansion to effectively generate combat-ready Reserve Airmen to meet time-sensitive, Aerospace Expeditionary Force steady-state and emergent requirements in support of national security objectives. He has commanded at the Support Group level, and has served in various positions to include NAF Process Manager, Readiness Training and Evaluation, Installation Deployment Officer, and Squadron Operations Officer. Colonel Revit serves on the AFRC 21X Officer Developmental Team and he supported multiple contingency operations such as serving as the Top Secret Focal Point Program Requirements Manager for Joint Forces assigned to Headquarters United States European Command during Operation Odyssey Dawn, and he managed Combined Forces Special Operations Command – Central, intra-theatre airlift operations to support movement of the first-ever Marine Special Operations Command combat elements into Northern Afghanistan and associated Special Operations cargo and passenger movements to support contingency operations. In 2009, he was chosen to support a U.S. Department of State initiative supporting the African Contingency Operations Training Assistance Program serving as a logistics mentor to the Rwandan Defense Force Battalion Logistics Officer Course, Kigali, Rwanda.
1986 Bachelor of Science degree in business administration, King’s College, Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
1999 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2006 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2012 Air War College, by correspondence
2013 Master of Public Administration, concentration in emergency management operations, American Military University, Charles Town, W.Va.
1. August 1987 - February 1990, Ground Safety Officer, 913th Combat Support Squadron, Willow Grove ARB, Pa.
2. March 1990 - June 1991, Officer in Charge, Quality Force Section, 913th Combat Support Squadron, Willow Grove ARB, Pa.
3. July 1991 - May 1994, OIC Career Enhancement, 913th Mission Support Squadron, Willow Grove ARB, Pa.
4. June 1994 - March 2001, Air Transportation Officer, 31st Aerial Port Squadron, Willow Grove ARB, Pa.
5. April 2001 - December 2003, Operations Officer, 31st Aerial Port Squadron, Willow Grove ARB, Pa.
6. January 2004 - February 2005, Logistics Management Officer, 434th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
7. March 2005 - December 2008, Operations Officer/Installation Deployment Officer, 439th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Westover ARB, Mass.
8. May 2008 - December 2008, acting Deputy Commander, 439th Mission Support Group, Westover ARB, Mass.
9. December 2008 - September 2012, 622nd Regional Support Group/Analyses, Assessment and Lessons Learned (A9) Deputy Director, Dobbins ARB, Ga
10. October 2012 - October 2013, 22nd Air Force Process Manager, Dobbins ARB, Ga
11. November 2013 – May 2015, Commander, 507th Mission Support Group, Tinker AFB, Ok.
12. May 2015 – January 2017, Chief, Forces Division, HQ Air Force Reserve Command Force Generation Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. Jan 2017 – Present, 22nd, Director of Logistics, Engineering, and Force Protection, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. January 2007 - May 2007, Movements OIC, Combined Forces Special Operations Command Central, Logistics Directorate (J4) Forward, Camp As Sayliyah, Qatar, as a major.
2. October 2009 - November 2009, Logistics Mentor to Rwandan Defense Force Battalion Logistics Officer Course, Kigali and Gako, Rwanda, as a lieutenant colonel.
3. December 2010 - May 2011, Alternate Focal Point Control Officer, United States European Command, ECJ3, Patch Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany, as a lieutenant colonel.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with 4 devices
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with 1 device
National Defense Service Medal with 1 device
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Air Force Longevity Service Award with 7 devices
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 3 devices
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Pistol)
Air Force Training Ribbon
Reserve Officer Association – Lifetime member
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, August 15, 1986
First Lieutenant, August 15, 1989
Captain, August 15, 1993
Major, October 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel, October 1, 2007
Colonel, August 1, 2013
(Current as of March 2019)