Brig. Gen. Steven B. Parker is the Deputy Commander, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Georgia. Twenty-Second Air Force has command supervision of the Air Force Reserve’s tactical air mobility operations and other vital mission sets to include distinguished visitor airlift, undergraduate pilot training, flight test operations and a highly mobile civil engineering response force.
With more than 15,000 Reserve Airmen and 105 unit-equipped aircraft, 22nd Air Force contributes daily to the Air Force’s worldwide operational mission. Reserve aircrews within 22nd Air Force accomplish a variety of C-130 missions to include aerial spray, fire suppression, weather reconnaissance, tactical airlift and airdrop and aeromedical evacuation.
General Parker was commissioned in 1986 upon graduation from the U.S. Air Force Academy and served over 14 years on active duty as an instructor pilot in the F-15, T-38 and T-37 before joining the Air Force Reserve. He has commanded a group and two wings, and served on both Air Force Reserve Command and Pacific Air Forces staffs.
Prior to his current assignment, General Parker commanded the 94th Airlift Wing at Dobbins ARB, Georgia. where he led more than 2,500 assigned personnel and was responsible for 12,000 tenant personnel.
1986 Bachelor of Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1993 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2007 Air War College, by correspondence
2008 Joint Air Operations Senior Staff Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2013 Master of Science degree in Aeronautical Sciences, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2015 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1. August 1986 – August 1987, student, undergraduate pilot training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. September 1987 – November 1987, student, lead in fighter training, Holloman AFB, N.M.
3. December 1987 – May 1988, student, F15 replacement training unit, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
4. May 1988 – March 1991, F15 Pilot, Chief of Plans, 7th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
5. March 1991 – February 1994, T37 Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, and Flight Examiner, 33rd Flying Training Squadron, Reese AFB, Texas
6. March 1994 – May 1997, F15 Instructor Pilot, Mission Commander, Flight Commander, 59th Fighter Squadron; Chief, 33rd Fighter Wing Quality Assurance, Eglin AFB, Fla.
7. May 1997 – July 2000, T38 Pilot Instructor Training Instructor, Flight Commander, Flight Examiner, 560th Flying Training Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
8. July 2000 – December 2003, T38 Instructor Pilot, 43rd Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
9. January 2004 – March 2007, Chief, Fighter, Bomber, Trainer, and Remotely Piloted Aircraft programs, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
10. April 2007 – June 2008, Chief, Commander’s Action Group, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
11. July 2008 – December 2010, Reserve Advisor to the Commander, Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam, Hawaii
12. January 2011 – May 2011, Deputy Commander, 340th Flying Training Group, Joint Base San Antonio, Randolph AFB, Texas
13. May 2011 – March 2014, Commander, 340th Flying Training Group, Joint Base San Antonio, Randolph AFB, Texas
14. March 2014 – November 2015, Commander, 914th Airlift Wing, Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, N.Y.
15. November 2015 – July 2017, Commander, 94th Airlift Wing, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
16. July 2017 – present, Deputy Commander, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
Rating: Command Pilot
Military Flight Hours: more than 3,700
Aircraft Flown: F-15 A/C, T-38 A/C, T-37, C-130H2/H3
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Longevity Service with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon
Distinguished Graduate, F15 Replacement Training Unit
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 1986
First Lieutenant May 28, 1988
Captain May 28, 1990
Major Feb. 1, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 30, 2004
Colonel Sept. 1, 2008
Brigadier General Dec. 7, 2016
(Current as of October 2017)