Chief Master Sergeant Imelda B. Johnson is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Ga. Chief Johnson advises the commander on readiness concerns, morale, welfare, and the effective utilization of more than 13,000 assigned enlisted personnel. Chief Johnson also provides guidance to ten assigned command chief master sergeants and group superintendents. She is the liaison and spokesperson between the enlisted force and the commander. Additionally, she represents the command’s enlisted force at a variety of military and civilian conferences, forums and speaking engagements. Lastly, she serves as the commander’s representative to Numbered Air Force and Air Force Reserve Command committees, councils, boards, and military and civilian functions.
Chief Johnson began her active duty career by enlisting in the Air Force in February 1989. During her ten-year active duty tour, she was a bulk storage attendant and fuels specialist at Bergstrom AFB, Texas and then excelled as a Master AETC Military Training Instructor at Lackland AFB, Texas. Her final active duty assignment was as a claims paralegal at Dyess AFB, Texas. Chief Johnson left active duty for the U.S. Air Force Reserve in 1999 and was assigned to the 433rd Training Squadron at Lackland AFB, Texas. In March 2002, Chief Johnson transferred into the IMA program where she served in numerous leadership roles. In December 2011, Chief Johnson commenced an Active Duty Guard/Reserve tour as the Air Force Reserve Command paralegal manager and concluded her tour as the AFRC chief of enlisted force development. Prior to her current positon, Chief Johnson served as command chief for the 310th Space and 94th Airlift Wings.
1989 Fuels Specialist Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
1992 Airman Leadership School, Bergstrom AFB, Texas
1992 Military Training Instructor School, Lackland AFB, Texas
1993 Associate degree in fuels technology, Community College of the Air Force
1996 Basic Instructor Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
1997 Paralegal Apprentice Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Associate degree in instructor technology and military science, Community College of the Air Force
2002 Associate degree in paralegal studies, Community College of the Air Force
2002 Annual Survey of the Law, Denver, Colo.
2003 Paralegal Craftsman Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 NCO Academy, by correspondence
2004 Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, Park University, Parkville, Mo.
2004 Senior NCO Enhancement Course, Randolph AFB, Texas
2005 Law Office Management Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Senior Reserve Forces Paralegal Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Keystone Leadership Summit, Keystone, Colo.
2006 Senior NCO Academy, by correspondence
2006 Master’s degree in information systems management, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Ariz.
2007 Keystone Leadership Summit, Orlando, Fla.
2008 Annual Survey of the Law, Denver, Colo.
2009 Requisite Organization Management/Leadership Training, San Antonio, TX
2009 Keystone Leadership Summit, Dallas, Texas
2010 Requisite Organization Management/Leadership Training, San Antonio, Texas
2010 Keystone Leadership Summit, Orlando, Florida
2010 AFRC Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education (SEJPME) course, by correspondence
2011 Annual Survey of the Law, Atlanta, Ga.
2011 TCSG Leadership Summit, Appalachians, Ga.
2011 Leadership Diversified Training, Acworth, Ga.
2012 Change Management, Harvard Business School Webinar Review Series
2013 Mastering Remote Presentations, Harvard Business School Webinar Review Series
2014 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University; Washington D.C.
2015 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2016 AFRC Command Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2017 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives (CPIE), Institute for Defense & Business, Chapel Hill, N.C.
1. May 1989 – May 1992, bulk storage attendant and fuels specialist, 67th Supply Squadron, Bergstrom AFB, Texas
2. May 1992 – July 1995, military training instructor, 322nd Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. July 1995 – July 1996, manning noncommissioned officer in charge/master AETC military training instructor, 737th Training Support Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
4. July 1996 – September 1997, master AETC military training instructor, 322nd Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
5. September 1997 – February 1999, claims paralegal, Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess AFB, Texas
6. February 1999 – March 2002, master AETC military training instructor/interim section supervisor, 433rd Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
7. March 2002 – January 2004, military justice paralegal, Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, Headquarters Air Warfare Center, Nellis AFB, Nev.
8. January 2004 – December 2004, systems administrator/military justice paralegal, Air Force Legal Services Agency, Legal Information Services Systems Operations Division, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. December 2004 – July 2005, Individual Mobilization Augmentee/NCOIC, Legal Office, Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, Headquarters United States Air Force Academy, USAF Academy, Colo.
10. August 2005 – November 2007, Senior IMA Paralegal Manager, Acquisitions and Research, Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. November 2007 – October 2008, Senior IMA Paralegal Manager/IMA Command Paralegal, Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, Ninth Air Force/United States Air Forces Central, Shaw AFB, S.C.
12. October 2008 – October 2010, Senior IMA Reserve Paralegal Training Manager for The Judge Advocate General's School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. October 2010 – December 2011, Senior IMA Command Paralegal Manager for Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas.
14. December 2011 – May 2013, Command Paralegal Manager for Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. May 2013 – Sep 2015, Chief, Enlisted Force Development for Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
16. Oct 2015 – May 2017, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 310th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
17. May 2017 – Feb 2018, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 94th Airlift Wing, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
18. Feb 2018 – present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with X Device
2008 Outstanding Reserve Paralegal of the Year (Westbrook Award) 2005 Brig Gen Jerry Scott Work Product Award (AFMC)
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION:
Chief Master Sergeant November 2010