|COLONEL TIMOTHY E. TARCHICK|
Colonel Timothy E. Tarchick is the Commander of the 94th Airlift Wing, Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Georgia. The wing is equipped with eight C-130-H2 cargo aircraft which support theater forces for re-supply missions, routine airlift requirements of the theater commander and airlift employment operations within the combat zone or forward area. In addition, the aircraft also provides aeromedical and refugee evacuation and augments strategic airlift forces. The wing supports joint service and multi-national airlift missions both in the United States and around the world.
The wing is comprised of over 2,500 personnel comprised of a headquarters, 3 groups and 13 squadrons. Additionally, Colonel Tarchick has command responsibility for the entire installation serving as host for over 12,000 tenant personnel and 13 tenant units, including 22nd Air Force, AF Plant 6 and Lockheed-Martin, the Georgia Army and Air National Guard and the Army, Navy and Marine Corps Reserves.
Colonel Tarchick was born in Warren, Ohio. After enlisting in the Air Force Reserve in 1978, he served as an X-Ray Technician and later became a C-130B Loadmaster with the 910th Tactical Airlift Group, Youngstown Air Reserve Station, Ohio.
After graduating from Officer Training School in 1984 and Undergraduate Navigator Training, he served in a variety of Air Force Reserve units as a Squadron Training Officer, Wing Plans Officer, Tactics Instructor, Flight Examiner, Chief Navigator, 4th Air Force Operations Staff Officer, Director of Operations and Operations Group Commander.
Colonel Tarchick entered the Air Reserve Technician program in 1988 at the 440th Airlift Wing in Milwaukee, Wis. In August 2005, he led the first Air Force rescue assets to respond to hurricanes KATRINA and RITA where the 920th Rescue Wing crews safely evacuated 1,049 people.
1984 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Youngstown State University, Ohio
1991 Squadron Officer School
1995 Air Command and Staff College
2001 Air War College
1. June 1978 - July 1978, Air Force Basic Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. August 1978 - May 1981, X-Ray Technician, 910th Tactical Airlift Group, Youngstown, Ohio
3. June 1981 - August 1984, C-130B Loadmaster, 910th Tactical Airlift Group, Youngstown, Ohio
4. September 1984 - November 1984, Officer Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
5. December 1984 - September 1985, Undergraduate Navigator Training, Mather AFB, Calif.
6. October 1985 - March 1987, Navigator, 910th Tactical Airlift Group, Youngstown, Ohio
7. April 1987 - June 1987, Aircrew Training Officer, 927th Tactical Airlift Group, Selfridge ANGB, Mich.
8. July 1987 - August 1988, Navigator, 910th Tactical Airlift Group, Youngstown, Ohio
9. September 1988 - March 1992, Aircrew Training Officer, Wing Plans Officer, 440th AW, Milwaukee, Wis.
10. April 1992 - September 1993, Chief of Navigation, 928th Airlift Group, Chicago-O'Hare ARS, Ill.
11. October 1993 - October 1996, Operations Staff Officer, Fourth Air Force, McClellan AFB, Calif.
12. October 1996 - May 1999, Director of Operations, 940th Air Refueling Wing, Beale AFB, Calif.
13. June 1999 - September 2001, Commander, 914th Operations Group, Niagara Falls ARS, N.Y.
14. October 2001 - April 2003, Commander, 920th Rescue Group, Patrick AFB, Fla.
15. April 2003 - March 2006, Commander, 920th Rescue Wing, Patrick AFB, Fla.
16. April 2006 - May 2010, Commander, 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP ARS, Minn.
17. May 2010 - Present, Commander, 94th Airlift Wing, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
Rating: Master Navigator
Flight Hours: More than 6,000 hours
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-43, C-130A/B/E/H2/H3, KC-135R/E, HC-130P/N and HH-60G
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
AF Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with one silver oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
AF Longevity Service Award with one silver oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with an hour glass
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Pistol)
AF Training Ribbon
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Government of Kuwait)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, Nov. 30, 1984
First Lieutenant, Jan. 21, 1987
Captain, Aug. 10, 1989
Major, March 10, 1994
Lieutenant Colonel, Sept. 18, 1998
Colonel, Feb. 27, 2002
(Current as of October 2012)